|Friday, June 11th, 2004|
|THINGS WE ARE IN GREAT NEED OF:
If you can help in any way, please email
Items in RED OR BLUE we really, really need!
1. Help with remodeling our new shelter! A generous benefactor purchased a permanent residence for our cats. However, it is a fixer-upper and needs flooring, work on windows and walls, and completion of a partially-finished second floor. Do you have skills, materials and/or energy?
2. VOLUNTEERS! We need people to do either weekly shifts for cleaning/feeding and light housekeeping. Although this work is not glamorous, it's the most basic necessity for the cats.
3. We need feral and other cat sponsorships! WE ARE IN NEED OF FUNDS FOR GENERAL OPERATING EXPENSES.
4. Veterinary services! Please, we need DONATIONS to help spay/neuter feral cats we are currently rescuing from two Buffalo colonies:
* one colony whose caretaker has been admitted into a nursing home,
* the other colony is under threat of poisoning by hostile neighbors.
These cats (about 20 in all) will cost us approximately $1600 just for leukemia testing, shots and spaying or neutering. Please help us! We will be putting photographs of these cats on our website soon. Stay tuned!
5. Canned cat food! Cat litter!.
6. Paper towels, sponges, cat shampoos, nontoxic cleaning supplies, etc
7. Color copying service! We need brochures and newletters to promote our cause.
8. Gift cards for places like Kinko's, Home Depot, Walmart, Petsmart/Petco/etc.
9. An old couch or two that the cats can snuggle together on.
10. Moving services: many of us are older and rickety and it's tough or impossible for us to carry heavy items.
11. A washing machine or laundry service! VERY IMPORTANT!
12. HOMES FOR SENIOR OR OLDER CATS! RIGHT NOW WE HAVE SEVERAL WHO WE THINK WOULD BE MORE CONTENT IN A HOME THAN IN A SHELTER. HOW BIG IS YOUR HEART??? STAY TUNED FOR THESE SENIOR CATS TO APPEAR IN PHOTOS ON A SPECIAL PAGE ON THIS WEBSITE.
THERE'S CALLIOPE (17), FARLEY (16), SNEAKERS (14) AND PENNY (9). PLEASE HELP THEM!
|More Volunteer Info|
|February News||April News||May News|